We are looking for an experienced full or part-time Director of Tax to assist with setting up formal processes around global tax compliance. This role spans not just income tax but also sales tax, VAT, payroll, other indirect taxes, transfer pricing, and legal entity compliance. This person will be the expert in all things tax and will be the main liaison between the company and the relevant tax authorities.
What we’re looking for
- Someone with the rare skill of taking a complex concept and distilling it down to a form that is easily consumable by people in the rest of the company (i.e: non-finance teams).
- Someone ready to help pioneer things on the finance team, sometimes independently, other times closely with other teams.
- High attention to detail, ability to assess risk and systems knowledge.
- A deep understanding of transfer pricing and experience creating strategic structures for multinational organizations.
- Someone based in Canada or the United States.
- CPA (US or CAN)
- 10+ years working in multinational corporations.
"We work hard and play hard but above all, strive to work smart. We foster a collaborative environment, and believe team work truly makes the dream work."
VP of Finance
What you can expect
- Assess legal entity structure, implementing the appropriate changes.
- Get up to speed on compliance in the US, Canada and other foreign jurisdictions.
- Set up the appropriate state and sales tax compliance (including using systems as required).
- Get familiar with the tax-related integrations in NetSuite and ensure sales taxes are being applied appropriately in the system.
- Prepare reconciliations and set up templates.
- Design and implement tax strategy, including transfer pricing policies and legal entity structure.
- Identify and assess tax risks and implement processes to alleviate/streamline compliance requirements.
- Participate in budgeting and set up models for forecasting tax liability/expense.
- Prepare for the annual audit.
- Prepare the annual compliance filings.
- Review intercompany balances as they relate to tax.
- Investigate other indirect tax opportunities.
We don’t like to keep you waiting, so you should hear back within a week or so. In the mean time, take a look around, and prepare a few questions of your own. We look forward to hearing from you.Apply for this position
Perks and benefits
- Flexible scheduling
- Healthy activity allowance
- An annual retreat
- Work from home
- Competitive salary
- Flexible time away