We are looking for a Web UI designer with a strong focus on interface design to work as part of our design team. The ideal candidate will have experience working in teams with developers and designers. You will be able to make deliberate design decisions and to translate any user-experience journey into a smooth and intuitive interaction.
What we're looking for
- Portfolio of recent project work, with links to live projects.
- Experience designing UX concepts, comfortable providing wireframes and storyboards.
- Experience designing interfaces for web-based tools.
- We ❤️Sketch and we're looking for designers who are proficient in it.
- Happy to work with versioning tools like Abstract, Git and present work within Zeplin and export assets for production.
- Experience working with developers on production software with iterative changes.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends, techniques and technologies, but ability to design around the trends instead of following.
"We have a wide range of skills represented here, and that makes for a culture of personal growth through feedback and mentoring, support and critique. Our design has won awards and we have our designers to thank for that - excellence in design is one of the defining characteristics of 1Password. You should also prepare yourself for bad jokes too though 😃"
Design and Web Team Lead
What you can expect
- Review the tools and platforms that 1Password uses, and familiarize yourself with the style and format of our created content.
- Take part in regular calls to discuss workflows and review designs amongst peers.
- Begin to take on design issues that will help you to learn and grow within the 1Password style.
- Speak with our customers to understand more about those that use 1Password.
- Analyse user interface problems and create design solutions that meet measurable business goals and requirements.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Act as a development resource to others in the organization, taking briefs, planning and implementing solutions.
- Collaborate with product management and project leaders to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience.
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and senior level stakeholders.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to developers.
- Offer constructive feedback to peers on the team, helping others to grow and develop alongside you.
We’re always on the lookout for smart, motivated people. While we might not have a position that exactly describes your dream job we would still like to talk. Let us know what you’re great at.Get in touch
Perks and benefits
- Flexible scheduling
- Healthy activity allowance
- An annual retreat
- Work from home
- Competitive salary
- Flexible time away