If 1Password is a ship, our Steward of Search is the one that helps people find where to go and makes sure as many people as possible can get there with us 🛳️.
We are looking for someone who cares deeply about getting people to where they need to be — on a ship that might be the engine room or the bridge, but on the Internet it’s more likely to be helping people find 1Password via Google or the App Store.
Okay, we might have taken the nautical theme too far, so if you prefer your job descriptions a little more traditional, read on for some of the things we are looking for our Steward of Search to know and do.
What you have
- At least 2 years of experience working with software products or a related field.
- At least 2 years of experience working with digital advertising, online marketing or search engine marketing.
- Your steady sea legs when wandering around Google Ads and Google Analytics.
- A knack for learning things on your own and quickly adapting to new environments. Since 1Password is remote, it’s important to be independent in your research, but also have the humility to ask for help when you aren't sure about something.
- A penchant for clean code that’s easy to read.
What you might also have
- Experience running large paid search campaigns.
- Familiarity with search marketing tools like SEMrush.
- Personal experience with 1Password.
What you'll do
Over your first six months at 1Password, you'll be expected to reach the following milestones:
- Learn how we've set up Google Ads and Apple Search campaigns.
- Tour our Google Analytics account, begin understanding its trends, and create regular reports on available metrics.
- Work with others on the search team to understand our current search efforts, activity, and tools.
- Refine the search team's PPC strategy, and assist with SEO when needed.
- Anticipate trends and suggest new ads to test based on historic and seasonal information.
- Monitor, update and report on Apple Search Ads to increase app downloads.
- Plan, manage and expand Google Ads campaigns across Search & Display network to increase signups and brand awareness.
If this sounds like a ship you want to board, let’s talk. 💬This position has been filled.
Check out our current job openings
Work remotely, from anywhere, flexibly. You could be in a sweet home office, then a café for part of the day, and even in your camper on a caldera – so long as there's a reliable Internet connection. We've got folks in over 30 cities, from New Zealand to Germany to our office in Toronto.
Benefits to help you be your best
- Flexible scheduling
- Healthy away from the keyboard allowance
- An annual retreat
- Tech allowance
- Competitive salary
- Flexible time away