Rust is a new language, and the 1Password Core is a new project. You’ll be a pioneer, an explorer; the best practices are yours to discover, and the answers you seek are not on Stack Overflow. As a member of the team, you’ll contribute your talent and intuition to help us navigate uncharted territory, scale mountains, slay dragons, and build the future of our product and our company.
What we’re looking for
- A strong background in application architecture.
- Some programming experience with Rust in production.
- More than 2 years of experience in systems programming with other languages (C++, Go, etc).
- Secure coding practices are second nature for you.
- An understanding of computer security, encryption, and common threat vectors.
- Admiration for team effort with ambition to take the lead on your own projects.
- Excitement for the unknown – you’re always ready to learn something new.
- Familiarity with concurrency patterns in Rust and other languages.
- Experience with cross-platform development for desktop and mobile platforms.
- Willingness to document and maintain APIs, and assist implementers in other areas of the company.
- Someone ready to work remotely and independently with self-imposed schedules, projects, and deadlines.
“The Core team is a pretty fast-moving unit that’s tackling a number of challenges across a variety of platforms. In short: it’s never boring! We’ve assembled some of the brightest, fun-loving, kind folks in software today. Join us!”
VP of Engineering, Client Apps
What you can expect
- Meet your teammates, get to know them, and learn how your team works together.
- Review the tools and platforms that 1Password uses, familiarize yourself with our development processes, and get your development environment set up.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Tackle a few small issues that give you exposure to the full landscape of the Core.
- Ask questions. Lots of questions.
- Continue to participate in code reviews.
- Join a feature team as a Core developer under the guidance of someone who’s done that before, helping the platform teams implement something new.
- Ask more questions!
- Join a feature team as the primary Core developer, helping the platform teams implement something new. Or…
- …take on implementing an internal piece of the Core.
- Participate in architectural discussions.
- Proactively review merge requests posted by others on the team and work with them to get their changes merged.
- Answer questions, but still ask some too – by now you’re helping others learn as well.
We’re always on the lookout for smart, motivated people. While we might not have a position that exactly describes your dream job we would still like to talk. Let us know what you’re great at.Get in touch
Perks and benefits
- Flexible scheduling
- Healthy activity allowance
- An annual retreat
- Work from home
- Competitive salary
- Flexible time away