As a Windows app developer, you’ll learn, improve, and improvise. Every day. You’ll be unit testing, reviewing and writing code. We use Rust, C#, and XAML. We’re focused on security, usability, and reusability for non-Windows platforms. And sometimes you’ll turn the monitor off to try using the app with accessibility tools.
What we're looking for
- Several years of experience building apps with C#.
- Admiration for team effort with ambition to take the lead on your own projects.
- A Windows computer you love – VMs not accepted. You may also know your way around macOS and enjoy Android, Linux, or iOS.
- Knowledge of WPF and .NET, and experience making apps for Windows 7 and newer.
- Basic knowledge of Rust.
- A penchant for clean code that’s easy to read.
- Someone comfortable working with proxies, VPNs, and firewalls, the crowd favorites for sync and connectivity issues.
- Excitement for the unknown – you’re always ready to learn something new.
“Our team aims to empower a wide variety of users, from ones who use Windows 7 to Windows 10, on various devices with different environments. We’re building an app that is used at work and home, by professionals and people with accessibility requirements. We create a usable app that’s often behind the scenes, waiting to help people stay safe online.”
Windows Team Lead
What you can expect
- Review the tools and platforms that 1Password uses, familiarize yourself with our development processes, and get your development environment set up.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Write the first set of unit tests.
- Take on additional bug fixes and feature improvements with assistance of the team
- Write even more unit tests.
- Work with 1Password users to figure out why the app is crashing for them, but not for you.
- Start fixing bugs on your own using what you’ve learned so far.
- Implement new features and enhance existing ones.
- Write documentation so that all of our platforms are consistent and the support team can learn about all of the awesome things you’ve built.
We don’t like to keep you waiting, so you should hear back within a week or so. In the mean time, take a look around, and prepare a few questions of your own. We look forward to hearing from you.Apply for this position
Perks and benefits
- Flexible scheduling
- Healthy activity allowance
- An annual retreat
- Work from home
- Competitive salary
- Flexible time away