1Password is being shared with new people every day, and we’re adding people to our team to keep up. We’re looking for a new engineer on our cloud infrastructure team to help manage that growth and keep things working smoothly behind the scenes.
As a member of the infrastructure team, you’ll be at the heart of nearly every application, tool, and service we use to build a great experience for our customers and our team. You’ll ensure uptime is consistent and security measures are upheld across the board, and you’ll develop and support new tools as we adopt them.
What you’ll do
- Work with a small team of four infrastructure specialists and collaborate with our software developers to build, deploy, secure, manage, and optimize highly-available, fault-tolerant, and horizontally scalable systems in AWS and GCP.
- Improve continuous integration and delivery processes to uphold rigid infrastructure standards.
- Work autonomously for the most part. You’ll be part of a team who’s there to help you learn, but we also trust you to get work done when and where you can be productive, which isn't always in the same room as the rest of the team.
- Be part of our on-call rotation to make sure any unexpected issues that arise are resolved as quickly as possible.
- Design and build systems that work well and fail gracefully.
- Support the 1Password team. The DevOps team is our internal customer support, so you’ll help new people who join the company get access to the tools they need.
- Write scripts that other engineers can easily read and understand using Python, Bash, Ruby, etc.
- Work directly with our infrastructure systems and tools daily. We currently use AWS, GCP, Linux (Ubuntu/Debian), Terraform, Ansible, Git/Gitlab/Github, MySQL/PostgreSQL, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Elastic Stack, Datadog, PagerDuty, Go, Python, and Okta.
What you have
- Lots of experience with AWS and/or GCP. You’re comfortable configuring, running, and managing services in either, or even both ecosystems, and you know your way around Compute, Database, Storage, DNS, etc.
- A relationship with Linux systems and networking – you’ll be working with them daily.
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools like Terraform, Jenkins/GitLab CI/CD, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or an equivalent.
- A background building continuous deployment and testing the tools you set up.
- Knowledge of security practices, protocols, methodologies, procedures, and compliance (we’re SOC compliant). Security is our full-time job.
- Experience working with databases. We use MySQL/PostgreSQL.
- You live in the Greater Toronto Area - our DevOps team is based in Toronto.
What you might also have
- NoSQL and ElasticSearch experience.
- Personal experience with 1Password.
Sounding like your new gig? Let’s talk 👋Apply for this position
Check out our current job openings
DevOps Engineer (Toronto-based)
Steward of Search
Content and Development
UX Research Coordinator (Toronto-based)
Content and Development
Work remotely, from anywhere, flexibly. You could be in a sweet home office, then a café for part of the day, and even in your camper on a caldera – so long as there's a reliable Internet connection. We've got folks in over 30 cities, from New Zealand to Germany to our office in Toronto.
Benefits to help you be your best
- Flexible scheduling
- Healthy away from the keyboard allowance
- An annual retreat
- Tech allowance
- Competitive salary
- Flexible time away