Companies from all over the world trust 1Password with their passwords, credit cards, and more. As a Business Development Specialist, you’ll be the first point of contact for businesses that are considering 1Password. You’ll get the opportunity to help them learn more about the product, understand the best ways their team can use it, and get them started with a trial.
What you’ll do
- Help new business get started with 1Password, and keep the relationship with them strong.
- Proactively report on what potential clients need, and valuable feedback from existing ones, so the product team can improve the product and prioritize the right projects.
- Get to know potential customers over discovery calls and demos, and develop a relationship with them.
- Close several new deals per month, and generate new leads through outreach
- Try new things: if something isn’t working, try a different tactic, reach out to the product team with questions, and help us reach different types of clients we haven’t encountered before.
What you have
- Passion for helping people succeed and feel more confident in their work.
- Experience with how businesses use software to be more productive and efficient.
- Adaptive explanatory skills that get people to understand, not just hear, what you’re saying.
- A knack for learning things on your own and quickly adapting to new environments. Since 1Password is remote, it’s important to be independent in your research, but also have the humility to ask for help when you aren’t sure about something.
- Excitement to speak with new people every day and do product demos and presentations with them.
- An understanding that conversation is about listening.
What you might also have
- Experience selling a product to someone – your siblings are lovely, but they don’t count.
- A track record with the acronyms SCIM, AD, CLI, SSO, and of course SAAS.
- Polyglottism! You could go to France or Germany for a week and jump right in to conversation, or do that from your computer, with a French riviera as your wallpaper.
- Personal experience with 1Password.
Sounding like an ideal day for you? Let’s talk. 💬This position has been filled.
Check out our current job openings
DevOps Engineer (Toronto-based)
Marketing Web Designer
Part-time Office Manager (Toronto-based)
Steward of Search
Content and Development
Work remotely, from anywhere, flexibly. You could be in a sweet home office, then a café for part of the day, and even in your camper on a caldera – so long as there's a reliable Internet connection. We've got folks in over 30 cities, from New Zealand to Germany to our office in Toronto.
Benefits to help you be your best
- Flexible scheduling
- Healthy away from the keyboard allowance
- An annual retreat
- Tech allowance
- Competitive salary
- Flexible time away