"Go ahead. Forget your passwords."
That's our goal at 1Password: Give people a tool that remembers their passwords so they don't have to. We are looking for a talented illustrator to join our design team and help us beautify our content and marketing materials.
We work hard to make sure everything we create is well designed and our content is a large part of that too.
As an illustrator within our team, you'll be designing assets for our website, apps, blog, and other things that come up. Working alongside other illustrators and designers with years of experience and contribute your own ideas to a fast-growing product that millions of people are using every day to stay safe online.
What you have
- Portfolio of recent project work, with links to live projects.
- Strong digital illustration skills, and an ability to adapt to our specific illustration style.
- Solid understanding of designing for a responsive web.
- We ♥️ Sketch and we're looking for designers who are proficient in it. You would also need to work within Adobe Creative Suite for various project requirements.
- Happy to work with versioning tools like Abstract and present work within Zeplin and export assets for production.
- A sense of humour for the bad puns other designers think up.
What you'll do
- You’ll start by familiarizing yourself with the tools and workflows we use.
- Once you’re confident with our tools, you’ll begin to tackle some tasks and learn our style as you go. You’ll also get a chance to give the design team feedback (e.g. was there enough documentation to help you get started?)
- You’ll spend some time reading and replying to messages from our customers, which will help you learn how they use 1Password.
- At this point, you’ll be turning some of the ideas others have, as well as your own ideas, into finished illustrations.
- You’ll begin to taking ownership of certain things you’ve worked on so far, and working with the rest of the team to make sure the improvements you’re looking for get implemented.
- Operate as a key part of the design and web team, taking ownership of areas that interest you and pushing their design forward to create a better product.
- Offer constructive feedback to peers on the team, helping others to grow and develop alongside you.
Sounding like an ideal day for you? Let’s talk. 💬This position has been filled.
Check out our current job openings
Work remotely, from anywhere, flexibly. You could be in a sweet home office, then a café for part of the day, and even in your camper on a caldera – so long as there's a reliable Internet connection. We've got folks in over 30 cities, from New Zealand to Germany to our office in Toronto.
Benefits to help you be your best
- Flexible scheduling
- Healthy away from the keyboard allowance
- An annual retreat
- Tech allowance
- Competitive salary
- Flexible time away