As a visual designer here at 1Password, you’ll be working across mediums, designing for web, print, packaging, advertising, marketing materials, and more. You’ll have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects that educate and inform our current and potential customers on 1Password and digital security.
What we're looking for
- A background translating complicated technical concepts into beautiful, simplified designs.
- Experience sending projects to print and handling the production process.
- You ❤️ and are proficient in Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Excellent visual design and typography skills.
- An understanding that design is aesthetic, functional, and experiential.
- Someone who follows the latest trends, techniques, and technologies, but designs around the trends rather than following them.
- Self-starting, self-driven: We’re a fully remote team, so you need to be comfortable starting your own projects, maintaining them, and doing it all autonomously. You maintain a consistent level of ownership, attention to detail, and have a knack for organizing processes using all three.
- Excitement to learn new things: We try new tools often, switch up processes that aren’t helping us grow, and are constantly bettering ourselves as people. We’re looking for others who strive to do the same.
- A portfolio that reflects all of the above.
"We have a wide range of skills represented here, and that makes for a culture of personal growth through feedback and mentoring, support and critique. Our design has won awards and we have our designers to thank for that - excellence in design is one of the defining characteristics of 1Password. You should also prepare yourself for bad jokes too though 😃"
Design and Web Team Lead
What you can expect
- Meet people you’ll be working with on the design team, getting to know our workflows, style, and other design practices along the way.
- Get familiar with the tools and platforms we use.
- Begin to take on design issues that will help you to learn and grow within the 1Password style.
- Speak with our customers to understand more about the people who use 1Password.
- Turn briefs into artwork and work with multiple teams across the company, creating the designs they need.
- Take part in regular calls with others on the design team, offering your perspectives and learning new things.
- Start to take ownership of print materials, advertising, and other elements of 1Password’s design.
- By now you’re a key part of the design and web team, taking ownership of areas that interest you and pushing their design forward to create a better product.
- Offer constructive feedback to peers on the team, helping others to grow and develop alongside you.
We’re always on the lookout for smart, motivated people. While we might not have a position that exactly describes your dream job we would still like to talk. Let us know what you’re great at.Get in touch
Perks and benefits
- Flexible scheduling
- Healthy activity allowance
- An annual retreat
- Work from home
- Competitive salary
- Flexible time away