This role is far from routine. The right candidate will be assisting the Director of Finance in building and maintaining complex financial models as part of the budgeting and forecasting process. The role requires extensive knowledge of how the business operates and the right candidate will feel comfortable talking to many different business units, being able to extract the key points and translating that information into models/analysis.
What we’re looking for
- Someone based in Toronto, ON with more than 3 years of experience in finance.
- A quick-learner: This role won’t have a lot of routine to start, so we’re looking for someone who can adapt to changing demands and new projects. If you need routine, this is not the role for you.
- Someone who wants to have exposure to many facets of the business.
- Someone with a heavy hand in board decks and external reporting, a sharp business acumen, and the ability to communicate and present at the executive-level.
- High attention to detail, the ability to multitask and prioritize, polished verbal and oral communication skills, and a drive to see results (a do-whatever-it-takes attitude).
- Curiosity and the desire to dig deep into odd issues and find solutions.
- An understanding of technical accounting concepts in accordance with the accepted GAAPs.
- An understanding of the key components of a close process and the ability to implement it.
- You may be willing to be the financial system admin, which isn’t required, but preferred in a candidate.
"We work hard and play hard but above all, strive to work smart. We foster a collaborative environment, and believe team work truly makes the dream work."
VP of Finance
What you can expect
- Participate in relevant tasks of the close process.
- Assist in the implementation of the new ERP (understanding data in the old ERP).
- Identify process improvements that are required.
- Design templates for reporting and develop models for budgeting and forecasting.
- Understand the business by discussions and learning with business units.
- Understand how bookings translate to revenue.
- Identify the KPI’s that would best represent the performance of the company.
- Design a monthly reporting package for the Exec team.
- Variance analysis of P&L.
- Start to implement process improvements identified.
- Create the budget with input from business units: models required include but aren’t limited to revenue, headcount, opex.
- Create bookings to revenue analysis for historical and future bookings.
- Start reporting on the identified KPI’s.
- Create board deck slides.
- Assist with the financial statement audit.
- Roll out the budget to all business units.
- Build reports in ERP.
- Maintain the forecast.
We don’t like to keep you waiting, so you should hear back within a week or so. In the mean time, take a look around, and prepare a few questions of your own. We look forward to hearing from you.Apply for this position
Perks and benefits
- Flexible scheduling
- Healthy activity allowance
- An annual retreat
- Work from home
- Competitive salary
- Flexible time away