We’re looking for an experienced developer to manage and improve our web deployment. We build our web content using modern technologies, including TypeScript, AWS Lambda, GitLab, and Docker. If you spend a lot of time with any or all of these, this might be the role for you.
What we're looking for
- Someone with a great understanding of developing for the web. Naturally, we expect semantic HTML markup and team-friendly, reusable Sass.
- Experience building and deploying static sites using services such as Docker and AWS Lambda. You should also be familiar with linting tools and methods to check content quality.
- Experience implementing CI solutions such as Jenkins.
- An understanding of modern browser security policies and content security.
- Proficiency with cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- A good understanding of developing websites using static site generators: we're fans of Hugo - we sure hope you are too!
- Someone who’s comfortable offering feedback to other developers on the team and experienced in reviewing and improving code.
"We’re a team that gets things done. Often we’re required to work on tight deadlines, with many changes along the way. The person who joins this team will enjoy a fast-paced, but supportive environment with a focus on quality of execution. If you like to try new things, collaborate with others, and know a few bad jokes, we’ll welcome you with open arms!"
Design and Web Team Lead
What you can expect
- Review the tools and platforms that 1Password uses, and familiarize yourself with the format of our created content.
- Take part in regular calls to discuss workflows and assign priorities.
- Begin to take on development issues that will help you to learn and grow within our environment.
- Speak with our customers to understand more about those that use 1Password.
- Work with other developers to create interoperable solutions between platforms.
- Identify inefficiencies in our development and deployment processes, and start to plan improvements.
- Act as a development resource to others in the organization, taking briefs, planning and implementing solutions.
- Operate as a key part of the web team, taking ownership of areas that interest you and making them better.
- Work with your peers to solve complex problems that make our customers’ experiences better.
- Act as a resource to the development team, reviewing and approving merge requests and offering regular feedback to improve code quality.
We’re always on the lookout for smart, motivated people. While we might not have a position that exactly describes your dream job we would still like to talk. Let us know what you’re great at.Get in touch
Perks and benefits
- Flexible scheduling
- Healthy activity allowance
- An annual retreat
- Work from home
- Competitive salary
- Flexible time away