We're looking for a Go developer to join our team and help us with all things related to the SCIM bridge.
The 1Password SCIM bridge is responsible for integrating directory services like Okta and Azure Active Directory with 1Password Business. It's used by some of our largest customers to facilitate the administration of their accounts by automatically replicating directory changes like new hires or department changes.
What you might do
- Write a lot of Go code. The SCIM bridge is written entirely in Go.
- Implement new commands to support a larger set of the SCIM protocol.
- Create integrations with additional directory services.
- Build, document and maintain deployment strategies including ones for Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform on cloud computing providers like AWS and GCP.
- Create and maintain test strategies to help minimize bugs.
- Work with various directory services (Okta, etc…) to understand what our customers are using and how they tie into 1Password.
- Help new and existing users with deployments of the SCIM bridge.
What you have
- A passion for automation and integrations.
- Familiarity with command-line conventions of modern Unix-like platforms, and common tools used on those.
- Experience with deployment of web services on cloud platform providers.
- Excitement for the unknown, always ready to learn something new.
- A penchant for clean, idiomatic Go code that's easy to read.
- A thorough understanding of how networking works. When you hear the word “header” do you think HTTP, or soccer (sorry… football)?
- Admiration for team effort. Solo Ninjas, Jedis, and Rockstars need not apply: We work together.
What you might also have
- Experience with containerized deployments.
- Experience with the Go programming language. It's certainly nice, but not required. Show us that you have a great understanding of any modern programming language and we'll trust that you'll learn Go just fine.
- Experience with directory services either from a programmatic standpoint or from an administration angle.
Sounding like your pot of coffee? Let's chat. ☕️This position has been filled.
Check out our current job openings
Content and Development
DevOps Engineer (Toronto-based)
Marketing Web Designer
Steward of Search
Content and Development
Work remotely, from anywhere, flexibly. You could be in a sweet home office, then a café for part of the day, and even in your camper on a caldera – so long as there's a reliable Internet connection. We've got folks in over 30 cities, from New Zealand to Germany to our office in Toronto.
Benefits to help you be your best
- Flexible scheduling
- Healthy away from the keyboard allowance
- An annual retreat
- Tech allowance
- Competitive salary
- Flexible time away