We are looking for a web designer with a background in customer facing marketing websites to work as part of our web team.
Ask yourself, are you passionate about designing beautiful and highly usable websites? Would you love to work alongside a talented team to build products that make peoples’ lives more secure and productive? If so, read on!
What you'll do
- Design concepts and ideas to make 1Password’s web presence the best it can be.
- Provide detailed UX and UI mockups to communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Join regular constructive design feedback sessions and take ownership of your projects as they grow from the initial concept.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards.
- Regularly speak with 1Password customers, helping them with any issues and learning from their feedback to improve 1Password.
- Push and challenge our development team and in turn get pushed and challenged by them.
What’s expected of you
- Review the tools and platforms that 1Password uses and familiarize yourself with the style and format of our created content.
- Discuss workflows and review designs with the rest of the team regularly.
- Begin taking on some of your own design issues to learn the 1Password style.
- Speak with our customers to understand more about how they’re using what we’ve built.
- Act as a design resource to others in the organization, taking briefs from department heads and creating elements as needed.
- Start to take ownership of the design of the 1Password website, and suggest changes or updates.
- Become a key part of the design and web team, taking ownership of areas that interest you and pushing their design forward to create a better product.
- Offer constructive feedback to peers on the team, helping others to grow and develop alongside you.
What you have
- A background in designing UX concepts and providing wireframes, storyboards, user-flows, site maps.
- Experience creating illustration artwork that supports written content.
- Comfort with Adobe Creative Suite. We ♥️ Sketch and we're looking for designers who are proficient in it as well.
- Familiarity with versioning tools like Abstract and Git, as well as presenting work within Zeplin.
- A good understanding of HTML and CSS for fine tuning your design work in production and designing with development restrictions in mind.
- A penchant for designing around the trends instead of following them.
Sounding like an ideal day for you? Let’s talk. 💬Apply for this position
Check out our current job openings
DevOps Engineer (Toronto-based)
Marketing Web Designer
Part-time Office Manager (Toronto-based)
Steward of Search
Content and Development
Work remotely, from anywhere, flexibly. You could be in a sweet home office, then a café for part of the day, and even in your camper on a caldera – so long as there's a reliable Internet connection. We've got folks in over 30 cities, from New Zealand to Germany to our office in Toronto.
Benefits to help you be your best
- Flexible scheduling
- Healthy away from the keyboard allowance
- An annual retreat
- Tech allowance
- Competitive salary
- Flexible time away