If 1Password is a ship, our Steward of Search is the one that helps find where to go and makes sure as many people as possible can get there with us 🛳️. We are looking for someone that cares deeply about how people find things - on a ship that might be the engine room or the bridge, on the Internet it’s more likely to be how people find our website using Google and which blogs people read when researching password managers.
Ok… I might have taken the nautical theme too far, so if you prefer your job descriptions a little more traditional, read on for some of the things we are looking for our Steward of Search to know and do.
What you have
- At least 2 years of experience working with software products or a related field.
- At least 1 year experience working with digital advertising, online marketing or web search optimization.
- Your steady sea legs when wandering around Google Analytics.
- A knack for learning things on your own and quickly adapting to new environments. Since 1Password is remote, it’s important to be independent in your research, but also have the humility to ask for help when you aren't sure about something.
- A penchant for clean code that’s easy to read.
What you might also have
- Some experience with HTML, CSS, and frontend development tools.
- Familiarity with search marketing tools like SEMrush and Moz.
- Personal experience with 1Password.