This role is far from routine. The right candidate will be assisting the Director of Finance in building a world-class close process, preparing the reconciliations for accounts with technical GAAP accounting adjustments, building first-ever GAAP statements, leading the implementation of an ERP, and being the key contact for external audit.
What we’re looking for
- Someone based in Toronto, ON with more than 3 years of experience in finance.
- A quick-learner: This role won’t have a lot of routine to start, so we’re looking for someone who can adapt to changing demands and new projects. If you need routine, this is not the role for you.
- Someone who wants to have exposure to many facets of the business.
- Someone with a heavy hand in board decks and external reporting, a sharp business acumen, and the ability to communicate and present at the executive-level.
- High attention to detail, the ability to multitask and prioritize, polished verbal and oral communication skills, and a drive to see results (a do-whatever-it-takes attitude).
- Curiosity and the desire to dig deep into odd issues and find solutions.
- An understanding of technical accounting concepts in accordance with the accepted GAAPs.
- An understanding of the key components of a close process and the ability to implement it.
- You may be willing to be the financial system admin, which isn’t required, but preferred in a candidate.
"We work hard and play hard but above all, strive to work smart. We foster a collaborative environment, and believe team work truly makes the dream work."
VP of Finance
What you can expect
- Implement an efficient close process.
- Implement a new ERP (understanding data in the old ERP).
- Identify process improvements that are required.
- Design reconciliations for critical accounts.
- Identify any GAAP adjustments required and calculate the adjustments, mapping old balances to new balances.
- Design a monthly reporting package for the Exec team.
- Variance analysis of balances.
- Assist the Director of Tax with ad-hoc projects.
- Start to implement process improvements identified.
- Create board decks.
- Drive the financial statement audit and be the primary contract for the auditors.
- Assist with budgeting the balance sheet.
- Create the financial statements, related notes, and backups.
- Maintain the close process.
We don’t like to keep you waiting, so you should hear back within a week or so. In the mean time, take a look around, and prepare a few questions of your own. We look forward to hearing from you.Apply for this position
Perks and benefits
- Flexible scheduling
- Healthy activity allowance
- An annual retreat
- Work from home
- Competitive salary
- Flexible time away