As a Data Engineer, you’ll contribute to a variety of projects that range from designing robust and fully automated ETL processes to building tools for improving company-wide productivity with data. You have a passion for designing, implementing, and operating stable, scalable, and efficient solutions to flow data from production systems into the data warehouse. New analytics technologies are emerging every day and we’re excited about the impact they’ll have – we hope you share our enthusiasm!
What we’re looking for
- 8+ years experience with at least one relational database—MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, etc.
- SQL and Data Warehousing experience using a relational database.
- Experience with large-scale data pipelines and ETL tooling.
- Experience with scripting languages like Python.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive customer data..
- Experience with EDA (Exploratory Data Analysis) and Data Visualization like Tableau.
- A team player with a solution oriented attitude with both technical and soft skills to get things done.
Bonus points for:
- Experience creating data architecture for SaaS for reporting against KPIs like LTV/CAC at the source level.
- Experience in creating source attribution scripts in the ETL.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience working with data using Python (pandas, numpy, etc).
- Business Intelligence, Analytics or Finance experience.
- Experience with Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, etc.).
What you’ll be doing
- Interface with other engineers to extract, transform, and load (ETL) data from a wide variety of in-house and third-party data sources.
- Ensure we have data consistency on both production and analytical databases. You’ll own the integrity of our data from end to end, and the company will make high impact decisions based on this data.
- Architect and build a data warehouse to provide timely data to a variety of third-party applications (Salesforce, Marketo, etc).
- Design and build tools that make our data pipelines and surfacing more reliable and easier to use.
- Work closely with backend engineers to roll out new tools and features.
- Triage, identify, and fix scaling challenges.
- Collaborate with internal data customers to gather requirements.
- Help develop our data engineering function in areas of data architecture, business intuition and insight.
We don’t like to keep you waiting, so you should hear back within a week or so. In the mean time, take a look around, and prepare a few questions of your own. We look forward to hearing from you.Apply for this position
Perks and benefits
- Flexible scheduling
- Healthy activity allowance
- An annual retreat
- Work from home
- Competitive salary
- Flexible time away