You build great desktop apps using the latest technologies and design ideas. You aren’t ideological about your stack and are able to work with both web and native technologies. You’re eager to learn new languages, frameworks, and tools on the job, and are productive on any platform. Bonus points for being a desktop Linux enthusiast. 🐧
What we’re looking for
- Familiarity with cross-platform app development toolkits like Electron.
- Some experience with Rust, or willingness to learn it.
- An eye for good design and knowledge of UX principles.
- Knowledge of secure coding practices and how to design software that protects user security and privacy.
- Self-starting, self-driven: You should be comfortable starting your own projects, maintaining them, and doing it all autonomously. You maintain a high level of ownership, attention to detail, and have a knack for organizing processes using all three.
- Ability to offer feedback to other developers on the team and experience in reviewing and improving code.
- A passion for crafting experiences that customers love.
“The Core team is a pretty fast-moving unit that’s tackling a number of challenges across a variety of platforms. In short: it’s never boring! We’ve assembled some of the brightest, fun-loving, kind folks in software today. Join us!”
VP of Engineering, Client Apps
What you can expect
- Meet your teammates, get to know them, and learn how your team works together.
- Review the tools and platforms that 1Password uses, familiarize yourself with our development processes, and get your development environment set up.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Ask questions. Lots of questions.
- Continue to participate in code reviews.
- Join a feature team as a Core developer under the guidance of someone who’s done that before, helping the platform teams implement something new.
- Ask more questions!
- Join a feature team as the primary Core UI developer, helping the platform teams implement something new. Or…
- …take on implementing an internal piece of the Core itself to support a new UX.
- Participate in architectural discussions.
- Proactively review merge requests posted by others on the team and work with them to get their changes merged.
- Answer questions, but still ask some too – by now you’re helping others learn as well.
We’re always on the lookout for smart, motivated people. While we might not have a position that exactly describes your dream job we would still like to talk. Let us know what you’re great at.Get in touch
Perks and benefits
- Flexible scheduling
- Healthy activity allowance
- An annual retreat
- Work from home
- Competitive salary
- Flexible time away