Our Mac and iOS team likes to know that the app they’re building is easy to use, the new code they’re writing (and rewriting) doesn’t break things along the way, and the 1Password experience is kept consistent across every platform. It’s a lot for a dev team to handle on their own, so we’re looking for a QA engineer to help.
What we're looking for
- Someone who’s very comfortable with macOS and iOS.
- Excellent communication skills: you’ll be expected to explain technical issues concisely and clearly.
- A penchant for digging deep to find the cause of an issue and when it started happening.
- Experience building and running projects in Xcode.
- Excitement to automate the repetition out of your tasks. Let’s build mechanisms that help us have more confidence in the software we’re building.
- Someone motivated to help other engineers succeed. When problems arise – which they will – you’re eager to help analyze and fix things. You’re a natural at coming up with ways to improve efficiency or bring delight to the people you work with.
- Experience with Objective-C, Swift, and Git.
- A friendly attitude toward trying to break your team’s code.
- Excitement about learning new things: we try new tools, languages, and approaches often, so you’ll get a chance to explore different ways of solving problems. We’re looking for new perspectives like yours.
- Understanding of accessibility features such as VoiceOver and Dynamic Type.
"Everyone on our team is constantly challenging themselves to create a product that’s the best it can be, always looking for new, better ways of solving problems."
VP of Engineering, Client Applications
What you can expect
- Review the tools and platforms that 1Password uses and familiarize yourself with our development processes.
- Get to know 1Password’s customers, investigating issues like why the app is crashing for them, but not for you.
- Test each new version of 1Password for Mac and iOS before their public betas are released, making sure they’re ready for people to use without major issues.
- Become the gatekeeper who prevents bugs from ever reaching the main codebase.
- Help connect the support and development teams, making sure major issues are discovered, comprehensively filed, and ready to be fixed.
- Coordinate with other testers to ensure testing coverage.
- Develop and maintain better testing approaches for both new and existing features.
- Delve into lots of existing code and come up with ways to improve our testing processes before changes are made public.
- Look at new changes and devise test plans to verify success and failure paths, then test areas of the product that might be impacted by these changes.
We don’t like to keep you waiting, so you should hear back within a week or so. In the mean time, take a look around, and prepare a few questions of your own. We look forward to hearing from you.Apply for this position
Perks and benefits
- Flexible scheduling
- Healthy activity allowance
- An annual retreat
- Work from home
- Competitive salary
- Flexible time away