We are looking for a highly qualified Legal Counsel to oversee the legal aspects of our business. You will safeguard our brand, our company IP, ensure legal conformity, and minimize probability of exposure.
What we're looking for
- Someone in Canada; Greater Toronto Area preferred.
- Proven experience as a legal counsel in a business environment.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures.
- Special focus on Privacy & Data Security.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Sound judgement and ability to analyze situations and information.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- BSc degree in Law or J.D. degree.
What you can expect
- Give accurate and timely counsel in a variety of legal topics (labour law, partnerships, customer contracts, etc.)
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations.
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel).
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company's full legal rights.
- Maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation.
We’re always on the lookout for smart, motivated people. While we might not have a position that exactly describes your dream job we would still like to talk. Let us know what you’re great at.Get in touch
Perks and benefits
- Flexible scheduling
- Healthy activity allowance
- An annual retreat
- Tech allowance
- Competitive salary
- Flexible time away