As a Customer Support Associate, you’ll be a customer’s first contact at 1Password and the bridge between them and the product team. You might find yourself helping with a sign-in issue in the morning, responding to a kind review around noon, and troubleshooting filling on a website in the afternoon.
If you’re excited to try new things, hone your communication skills, and help some wonderful people with an app they love, read on!
What we’re looking for
- Great written and communication skills. You’re someone who’s comfortable translating technical terms for customers who find technology confusing or intimidating. Your style is concise yet compassionate – ideally helping people understand, not just passively read, what you’re saying.
- Passion to help customers learn, and compassion for the ones who feel lost, confused, or frustrated.
- Weekend availability. Our customers need help all week long, and we're currently looking for team members who can help on the weekend.
- Optimism and positive written tone.
- Readiness to encourage exploration and education instead of taking the reins: Your friends describe you as someone they go to when they need help with their computer, and as you help them, you also teach them something new.
- Courage to ask for help when you need it: Technology is always changing and you’re not expected to know everything. You’ll be working alongside people who love to help each other grow, and your questions are welcomed.
- Optional: You have personal experience with 1Password or another password manager. While not required, it’ll help you quickly have confidence in this role.
“Working at 1Password is about working with passion – caring not just about having the best password manager, but making sure our customers have a great experience and our entire team feels empowered to use their skills to drive us forward, make things better, and engage with the world.”
Minister of Magic, Founder
What you can expect
- Set up all the tools you need to help customers and work here, including our help desk software Cerb, as well as TextExpander, Slack, and our internal customer support school.
- Read articles on the 1Password Support website and learn the basics of 1Password, then start replying to some of the easier questions we get, like how to cancel a subscription or install the apps.
- Get to know our customers, how they use 1Password, and our best practices for communicating with them.
- Get comfortable sending a few dozen replies to customers each day by the end of your first month.
- Branch out and challenge yourself with more technical issues or a different category than you’ve been working with so far.
- Be the voice of our customers internally, documenting issues they encounter.
- Find your niche within the Customer Support team by the end of your third month. Once you’re fully up to speed, you’ll be sending around 60 replies per day.
- Share what you’ve learned with other people on the team and explore different areas of the company. We believe each person has something unique to bring to the team and they aren’t expected to stay in customer support forever (e.g. if you love designing icons, there may be a side project for you to try out).
- Continue helping customers each day and exploring new areas of the Customer Support team for the future of your career here.
- Keep trying new things: We’re agile so we keep tools fresh and improve as we go.
We’re always on the lookout for smart, motivated people. While we might not have a position that exactly describes your dream job we would still like to talk. Let us know what you’re great at.Get in touch
Perks and benefits
- Flexible scheduling
- Healthy activity allowance
- An annual retreat
- Work from home
- Competitive salary
- Flexible time away